What we teach…
“Nothing is so effectual against the devil, the world, the flesh, and all evil thoughts as to occupy oneself with the Word of God, talk about it, and meditate on it.” –Martin Luther, Large Catechism 1530
The fundamental faith that we believe, teach, and confess are summarized in the Lutheran Catechism which consists of six main sections.
- 10 Commandments: What is right?
- Apostles’ Creed: Who is God?
- Lord’s Prayer: How should we pray and live as Christians?
- Ministry of the Keys: How does God deal with our sins?
- Baptism: How does the LORD become and remain our God?
- Sacrament of the Altar: How does God cleanse us and keep us in the faith?
Other helpful resources…
- Daily Prayers
- Table of Duties (Vocation)
Our fellowship with the Church of the Lutheran Confession
Our congregation is one of nearly one hundred congregations in North America that make up the Church of the Lutheran Confession. The CLC also is affiliated with several foreign missions and church fellowships in Africa, India, and other countries.
As a member church of the CLC, we subscribe to several confessional writings that express our conviction on the teachings of our Lord against those teachings that would serve to neglect, undermine, corrupt, or change His Word.
- The Augsburg Confession–a statement of the catholic (universal) faith which emerged from the 16th century German reformation
- CLC Statement of Faith and Purpose–a statement of our congregation’s fellowship with the Church of the Lutheran Confession
- Concerning Church Fellowship 1961–a statement of faith regarding communion with other churches on earth
- Concerning Church and Ministry–a statement of faith regarding the form and ministry of the Church as Christ instituted
To learn more about the CLC, see the following links:
- Church of the Lutheran Confession website: CLClutheran.org
- Our foreign mission work: LutheranMissions.org.
- CLC New User’s Guide